It is quickly becoming common knowledge that the recent boom in the energy industry has created, and continues to create, an abundance of new jobs. What is not so widely known, however, is where exactly these jobs can be found. Although energy industry jobs are not intentionally hidden, they can be difficult for interested and qualified candidates to locate if they do not already know where to look.
In 2011 alone, the natural gas and oil industry in the U.S. supported 9.8 million jobs; this was a steady increase of more than 600,000 jobs in just a two-year span. In fact, what is now being referred to as America’s 21st Century Energy Revolution is touted as the main driver of our nation’s economic recovery. These contributing factors include full-time and part-time positions, salaries, operational impact from the purchase of goods and services, and capital investment. Recent studies have shown that the industry’s impact on employment can be broken down as follows:
- In 2011, the oil and gas industry alone accounted for 5.6% of total employment in the U.S.
- Each direct oil and gas job supported 2.8 jobs elsewhere in the U.S. economy
- The energy industry’s total labor income impact reached $598 billion or 6.3% of national labor income
While these figures and projections are optimistic, they provide very little to job seekers who are unaware of the new jobs being created. This is why in this day and age, it is so crucial to partner with a niche energy staffing company. Consider the following:
- Experience. Energy staffing companies employ the best-of-the-best recruiters in the energy industry. One of their greatest assets is the strong network they have built. This gives energy recruiters exclusive insight into which companies currently have job openings, which ones will soon be hiring, and most importantly, which companies will be the best fit for individual candidates.
- Resources. Because of the recent energy boom, many employers fear an impending talent shortage. To prevent this, many companies are offering hands-on training and educational workshops to prepare candidates for work in the field. Partnering with an energy staffing company is one of the best ways to learn about these classes and ultimately find job placement with a top company.
Although the surge in energy industry employment has soared over the past few years, energy staffing is nothing new for FootBridge Energy. For more than a decade, FootBridge Energy has been fostering strong business relationships with some of the best companies in the energy industry and takes pride in matching qualified candidates with these renowned companies. If you are looking for employment opportunities in the energy field, contact the energy staffing experts at FootBridge Energy today!