Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Midwest remote/travel to sites.
Duration: 12+ months
Pay Range: $45 – $55/hr
Work Schedule: Expectation is 40 hours a week. Mon-Fri. Some OT may occur during peak times or if weekend work is required.
Target start date / availability: ASAP
Travel: 50% of time to nearby sites, 2 weeks a month to different site locations. 1-2 days per site.
Expenses: Employee may expense all reasonable travel expenses for lodging, airfare, transportation, rental car, meals, and incidentals
The Water/Wastewater Project Engineer will take ownership and technical leadership in water and wastewater initiatives sponsored or supported by the Utilities Center of Excellence.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Water/Wastewater Project Engineer will work in coordination with the W/WW team as the main point of contact and technical SME for the various projects.
- Routine communication and coordination with project team members.
- Coordination with various colleagues and team members across operations will be required as projects are developed.
- Coordinate with plant personnel – some project will require client colleague input and involvement
- Identify gaps in project scope, parts on hand, etc.
- Act with urgency
- 5-10 years of W/WW project engineering experience
- Experienced in water and wastewater treatment and processing technologies and operations is fundamental
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Experience in agricultural or chemical process facilities preferred
- Experience with project management/scheduling.
- Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software.
- This individual is expected to work well independently
- Excellent organizational skills