Job Title: Civil Structural Engineer
Address: Houston, TX
Duration: Direct Hire
The Structural Engineer is responsible for the execution of structural engineering and design documents according to project budget, schedule and quality. He/She reports in a strong matrix organization to the Lead Structural Engineer and to the Engineering Manager for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with a group of engineers and designers providing technical direction primarily at a project level. Projects will be located in North America, and may be green or brown field. Project personnel may be located at the same office location, or remotely in other time zones and may also not be direct employees.
- Ability to perform duties of responsible engineer over engineering work under supervision, including sealing of contract documents when required, is considered a plus. Documents required to be sealed may be, but not limited to: engineering specifications for foundations and structural engineering, piling arrangements, foundation arrangements, foundation drawings, anchor bolt layouts, structural arrangements, and compressor foundations.
- Sets priorities and reconciles conflicting interests over the duration of a project.
- Demonstrates through their actions an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Viewed as a technical resource.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of engineering work for a project.
- Plans, schedules or coordinates the preparation of documents or completion of activities for multiple projects.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
- BS or MS in Civil or Structural Engineering with emphasis on structural steel and concrete design. Other disciplines may be considered based on work experience.
- 7 years minimum civil engineering experience in the industry. MS degree may count toward 1 year of work experience.
- Structural engineering experience in the power, petrochemical, heavy industrial, chemical plants and heavy industrial process industry.