Title: Senior Transmission Line Engineer
Location: Multiple locations
Duration: 12-month contract. Direct hire is an option after this time if client/candidate mutually agree.
Pay Range: $60 – $70/hr
Per Diem: N/A, local candidates
Target start date / availability: ASAP interview and start
- Design transmission lines in the 69kV to 500kV range.
- Responsibility for cost analyses, development of design criteria, routing, and siting of transmission lines.
- Responsibility for conductor selection studies, shielding, grounding and induction studies.
- Work with vendors and clients to specify transmission line components.
- Direct a small project team.
- Work with experienced engineers and mentor less experienced staff.
- Work with a diverse client base and interact with the client and other project teams.
- Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings.
- Develop proposals and cost estimates for new work.
- This position requires a degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- Proficiency with PLS-CADD software to able to review transmission line models.
- 5 or more years of experience as a member of a project team in observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse transmission assignments that have included the following: transmission line design incorporating code requirements, cost estimate development, schedule creation and coordination, the preparation of specifications for procurement of transmission line materials and construction and liaising with construction and installation.
- Knowledge to verify/review right of way requirements, conductor sags/tensions, transmission line plan and profile drawings and construction documents.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of technical plans, drawings, and models.
- Experience in writing and providing support documentation for engineering calculations.
- Familiarity with design codes and standards such as NESC, IEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, and ACI 318.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Have a current PE license or the ability to acquire one within one year.
- Experience in developing engineering proposals and cost estimates.
- Experience with scheduling.
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: PLS-TOWER, SAG10, LPILE, MFAD, ArcGIS, CDEGS, AutoCAD, MicroStation.