Job Title: Project Manager
Duration: Direct hire
Pay Range: $140k – $160k
Target start date / availability: Interview and start ASAP
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage all aspects of project execution from the latter stages of project development through project completion and turnover to customer.
- Manage and be accountable for project schedules, budgets, forecasts, and net revenue.
- Work with EHS Manager to ensure that a safe working environment is provided for employees and contractors.
- Manage the quality of the project through quality assurance programs.
- Work with procurement team and engineering companies in the procurement of engineering companies, consultants, contractors, equipment suppliers and material vendors.
- Manage contract obligations in key project documents and negotiate and agree to change orders with customers and contractors.
- Ensure that parties are compliant with terms and conditions of contracts and agreements to minimize risk.
- Resolve project issues and conflicts effectively.
- Lead project meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead project permitting required during the project execution phase if not already obtained during the project development phase.
- Coordinate additional resources or outside consultants/contractors required in support of project management.
- Apply critical thinking needed to communicate and influence employees at all levels regarding project risks, opportunities, and recommended action.
- Produce reports and analysis for customer and internal purposes as required.
- 10 (ten) years of project management experience on utility-class electrical infrastructure (transmission, substation, distribution) projects.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in electrical engineering, civil engineering, project/construction management or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of electrical transmission, substation, and distribution systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, very self-reliant and capable of operating with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team environment for project development and execution.
- Ability to manage client expectations within the context of project execution.
- Ability to effectively address and either manage or participate in the resolution of conflicts with clients or other project stakeholders which may arise throughout the course of project execution.
- Willingness and ability to travel 25% on average but as required by projects.
- Experienced at using Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Ability to use project management software such as Procore and NetSuite.
- Experienced at using project scheduling software such as Microsoft Project or Oracle P6.
- Experience utilizing CRM systems and developing metrics.
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.