Job Title: Mechanical Construction Coordinator
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 11 months
Rate: $55 – $65/hr (1.5X OT)
Per Diem: $186/day
Hours: 40 hours per week
Trip Home: Every 12 weeks (mileage if driving, up to $750 for airfare)
PROJECT: The two-on-one (2×1) combined cycle CHP/DHC plant will utilize two (2) Siemens SGT-700 32MW combustion turbine generators (CTGs) powered by Natural Gas, two (2) Victory Energy Operations heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs) (Single Pressure, w/SCR & w/ Duct Burner System, and a single Siemens STT-700 (43MW) steam turbine generator (STG) (extraction condensing). All major equipment will be located inside a building along with the district heating and chilling plant equipment. A 15kV power connection to a Substation forms the connection to the University power distribution arrangement.
Initial Period: Acts as a Transition Coordinator and assists Site Construction Manager in inventory assessments, material control/removal, material delivery receipt inspections, completion verification, etc.
Provides site support and oversight for the mechanical activities of the CHP Project which will involve the planning/coordination of activities, review of Contractor’s deliverables, the acceptance of Contractor’s works with respect to quality, functionality and contract adherence. Position will also support in the review of Contractor’s monthly claimed progress and validation thereof. Assist, as necessary, in the establishment and execution of project-specific sub-contracting strategies, with accountability for schedule, cost and quality performance and for the initiation of responsive actions to achieve contract requirements, customer needs and BU business goals.
- Monitor and inspect mechanical works erection / installation / commissioning activities of the Contractor with regard to progress, compliance with the Contract and applicable codes/standards, quality, safety and environmental acceptance.
- Assist the Construction Site Manager in all necessary aspects involving site activities.
- Assist and participate in all aspects of Site Safety oversight, meetings, walk-downs, etc.
- Provide support in claim management and documentation including variation management and reporting and contract entitlements.
- Effectively apply methodology and enforce project standards.
- Monitor, control and minimize risks on the project.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Collaborate with, and work alongside, Contractor in all areas of mechanical works for the project.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for project.
- As assigned, facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Attend regular status meetings with project team.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Review, provide input and approve Contractor’s general erection/installation/commissioning work method statements.
- Review, provide input and approve mechanical works erection related matters submitted by the Contractor.
- Monitor and verify Contractor’s mechanical works progress for the purpose of schedule adherence.
- Provide correspondence input for instructions to ensure strict adherence to general and project requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated successful performance as an Owner’s Rep on multiple projects of similar design.
- Demonstrated successful performance as part of EPC Team on multiple projects of similar design.
- Minimum 10 years’ of site management experience in power and/or utility stations.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with installation means/methods for Balance of Plant (BOP) equipment (including pumps, compressors, fans, blowers, chillers, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with installation means/methods for Major Equipment (boiler/heat recovery steam generator, combustion gas turbine, condensing steam turbines).