Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Direct Hire
Target start date: ASAP
Client is looking for a Construction Project Manager to manage mid to large-scale commercial construction projects. The new Project Manager will lead one or more construction phase projects and staff members for a wide range of institutional clients, including colleges, universities, K-12 districts, municipalities and more. The projects may range from $10K to over $100 million in construction costs.
This is an exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act and the employee is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The employee’s primary responsibility will be for all onsite activities of a construction project ranging from start-up to punch-out, including:
- Review plans and specs to ensure accuracy
- Prepare our own General Conditions, and establish baseline schedules for each subcontractor or self-performing team
- Track project costs and complete all change management, RFIs, and owner pay applications.
- Oversee shop drawings and submittals, write subcontracts and purchase orders for projects, manage subcontractor relationships, and conduct regular jobsite coordination meetings.
- Manage client relationships and provide ongoing communication throughout the project.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial construction
- Professional Degree in construction management, architecture, or a related field (mechanical or civil engineering, construction tech, interior design, business administration) is preferred
- Detailed understanding of construction project sequencing and scheduling
- Advanced understanding of drawings and specifications as well as constructability
- Ability to write and communicate subcontractor scope of work documents
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Technology: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Bluebeam and Procore
- Experience with CMAR and/or Design/Build delivery methods
- Must work well in a team environment and be committed to client service
- A valid Driver’s License
- Job Order Contracting experience is a must