Title: Lead Transmission Line Engineer
Location: Hybrid role
Duration: 12-month contract. Direct hire is an option after this time if client/candidate mutually agree
Pay Range: $70 – $80/hr
Per Diem: N/A, local candidates
Target start date / availability: ASAP interview and start
Opportunity can be based out of many different office locations. Candidate is expected to work from the office 2-3 days a week and may work remotely for the rest.
- Design transmission lines in the 69kV to 765kV range.
- Mentor and train less experienced design team members.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and formats.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations, drawing preparation, and transmission line models based in PLS-CADD.
- Adhere to System of Processes.
- BS degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- 10 or more years of transmission design experience.
- Proficiency with PLS-CADD software.
- Experience must include preparation of scopes of work, development of conceptual designs, determination of design basis, the selection of equipment and materials, and the preparation and assembling of calculations and specifications.
- Experience working directly with clients on transmission lines from 69kV through 500kV.
- Knowledge of engineering standards including NESC, IEC, ASCE, ACI, IEEE and ANSI.
- Experience reviewing design drawings created by others.
- PE license
- PMP certification
- Construction experience
- Familiarity with ArcGIS