Title: Transmission Line Engineer
Location: Remote (up to 10% US travel)
Duration: 12-month contract. Direct hire is an option after this time if client/candidate mutually agree.
• Design transmission lines in the 69kV to 500kV range.
• Responsibility for cost analyses, development of design criteria, routing, and siting of transmission lines.
• Responsibility for conductor selection studies, shielding, grounding and induction studies.
• Work with vendors and clients to specify transmission line components.
• Direct a small project team.
• Work with experienced engineers and mentor less experienced staff.
• Work with a diverse client base and interact with the client and other project teams.
• Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings.
• Develop proposals and cost estimates for new work.
• Degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program
• Proficiency with PLS-CADD software to able to review transmission line models
• 5 or more years of experience as a member of a project team in observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse transmission assignments that have included the following:
o Transmission line design incorporating code requirements
o Cost estimate development
o Schedule creation and coordination
o Preparation of specifications for procurement of transmission line materials and construction and liaising with construction and installation
• Knowledge to verify/review right of way requirements, conductor sags/tensions, transmission line plan and profile drawings and construction documents
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, drawings, and models
• Experience in writing and providing support documentation for engineering calculations
• Familiarity with design codes and standards such as NESC, IEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, and ACI 318
• Have a current PE license or the ability to acquire one within one year
• Experience in developing engineering proposals and cost estimates
• Experience with scheduling
• Proficiency with any of the following programs: PLS-TOWER, SAG10, LPILE, MFAD, ArcGIS, CDEGS, AutoCAD, MicroStation