Contract to hire position available in Lawrence, MA to start ASAP
Pay rate: $20/Hour
The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing testing and inspection of manufactured products using microscopes and small hand tools. This role requires a keen eye for detail, excellent manual dexterity, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. If you have a passion for quality assurance and enjoy working with precision instruments and tools, we encourage you to apply.
- Conduct testing and inspection of manufactured products using microscopes, magnifiers, and other precision instruments.
- Follow established testing procedures and protocols to ensure accuracy and consistency in test results.
- Perform visual inspections of products for defects, abnormalities, or inconsistencies in appearance or functionality.
- Use small hand tools, such as tweezers, probes, and screwdrivers, to manipulate and handle delicate components during testing and inspection.
- Record test data and results accurately, maintaining detailed documentation of findings and observations.
- Identify and report any issues or discrepancies in product quality to the appropriate personnel for further investigation or corrective action.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and quality assurance teams to troubleshoot problems and implement solutions to improve product quality and reliability.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work area, including proper handling and storage of testing equipment and tools.
- Adhere strictly to safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and your colleagues.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional technical education or certification in quality assurance or a related field is preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, with a focus on testing, inspection, or quality control.
- Proficiency in using microscopes and other precision instruments for detailed inspection and measurement tasks.
- Excellent manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination, with the ability to handle small components and tools with precision.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to identify subtle defects or abnormalities in products.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with basic hand tools and the ability to use them safely and effectively.
- Experience working with electronic components or small mechanical parts is a plus.