Title: MEP Superintendent
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Duration: 3 months, with potential for other projects or go direct
Start date: ASAP
Superintendent shall provide on-site coordination for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Schedule subcontractors, and vendors to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities for the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding regarding progress.
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards and enforce compliance.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain written daily log of activities on the jobsite.
- Ensure subcontractors have corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Monitor project activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors for quality of work or scheduling.
- Perform job progress and completion of punch list.
- Minimum of 10 years of verifiable experience in related construction field required. 5+ years in supervision is preferred.
- Experience in federal government space is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.