Title: Substation Design Engineer
Location: Hybrid role
Duration: 12-month contract.
Pay Range: $65 – $75/hr
Per Diem: N/A, local candidates
Target start date / availability: ASAP interview and start
Opportunity can be based out of many different office locations. Candidate is expected to work from the office 2-3 days a week and may work remotely for the rest.
- Preparing Substation General Arrangement
- Creating Substation Electrical Equipment Plans
- Developing Substation Section Views (Elevations)
- Compiling Substation Detailed Bill of Material
- Designing Substation Lightning Stroke Shielding Plan
- Creating Substation Grounding Plan
- Preparing Substation Conduit, Electrical Connection, and Grounding Details
- Developing Substation Below Grade Conduit/Raceway Plan
- Designing Control Building Equipment, Cable Tray, Lighting, Grounding Plans, and Section
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Interpreting and integrating vendor information into design deliverables.
- Conducting site inspections at client facilities.
- Applying client’s standards relevant to the work.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in physical design of substations.
- An associate degree in Drafting, or a high school diploma and 2 or more years of drafting coursework or equivalent technical experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Ability to visualize components in 3D without relying on computer assistance.
- An associate degree in Computer-Aided Design.
- Familiarity with design techniques, tools, and principles involved in producing technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Understanding of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the ability to connect various equipment to a technical design.