Job Title: Structural Engineer
Salary Range: $100,000 to $120,000
Relocation eligible: Not preferred, but possible for the right candidate
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8-5, Candidate can work remotely but would need to make occasional office visits a few times a month.
Travel: Depending on the job, possible 2-3 nights/month
Target start date / availability: ASAP
- Execute structural analysis of various new build structures including, but not limited to: Foundation and/or Main Frame Design of layer houses, pullet houses, manure storage buildings, egg foyers, hanging catwalk systems, etc.
- Coordinate and convey design to drafting staff to develop final plans sets.
- Review plan sets produced internally and externally for conformance to engineered design codes and standards
- Experience and proficiency in a prominent structural analysis software (RISA, STADD PRO, Visual Analysis, etc.)
- Work within AutoCAD system
- Evaluating existing structures for remediation or renovation
- Well versed in at least (2) structural mediums, one of which must be structural steel (others could be wood, concrete, etc)
- Update, maintain, and advance internal design tools (Excel sheets, MathCAD, etc.)
- Perform construction related services including shop drawing reviews, response to requests for information, periodic construction site observation, and occasional specialized structural inspections
- Collaborate with architects and designers and building contractors on design and construction of projects.
- Management of engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering
- Professionally Licensed in at least (1) state; willingness to obtain licenses in other states. “PE”
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Agriculture background (preferred, not required)