Job Description Position requires thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering techniques. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and
• Layout and details portions of projects using schematic layout by project lead engineer. May be assigned responsibility for schematic or conceptual layouts when qualified.
• Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters.
• May serve as Project Engineer and as a designated Client contact on smaller, less complex projects.
• Develop probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department. • May direct and supervise other Designers/Drafters activities.
• Education/Experience: • Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing: • StaadPro or equivalent finite element analysis software. • Experience in working with multiple discipline projects with Steel Making, BioProcess and/or Petrochemical Clients. • Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
• Licensed SE, PE or EIT is preferred. • Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.