- The Staff Fire Protection Engineer will perform the design work on multi-discipline projects and prepare comprehensive fire protection packages including fire suppression, fire alarm, smoke management, and life safety. This position will work on various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients.
- Design, specify, and provide multi-discipline coordination of the following fire protection systems: Wet-pipe, dry-pipe, pre-action, deluge, and foam/water fire suppression systems. Fire water supply infrastructure including fire water storage tanks, fire pumps, underground and above ground distribution piping and associated appurtenances. Outdoor fire suppression systems including monitors, spray systems, and exposure protection systems. Addressable and non-addressable voice evacuation fire alarm systems including initiation devices, supervision devices, and audible and visual notification appliances. Releasing systems for pre-action, foam/water, and clean agent systems.
- Evaluate building and life safety requirements including building area and height limitations, building construction types, fire resistive assemblies and opening protections, occupancy classifications, hazards, building egress, and active and passive smoke management systems.
Managers Notes: 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Fire protection engineering, Min 4 years of fire protection design experience.
- Master of Science degree in Fire Protection Engineering a plus.
- Professional Fire Protection Engineer (P.E.) license required.
- NICET certification in Water-Based System Layout, Fire Alarm Systems, or Special Hazards Systems (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies) is preferred.