Shop Floor Planner
How You’ll Add Value…
The Shop Floor Planner/Analyst plans, schedules, and manages the creation, routing and completion of work orders and materials through our new production and repair production work centers. Responsibilities include analyzing Kanban bin sizing levels and adjusting as needed, based on current production run rates and product line SiOP planning cycles, considering scrap and other factors. Analyzes and sizes Repair Center safety stock inventory levels using both forecasting and current run rate trends. Active team member working with warehouse logistics to expedite and stage production materials from stores to point of use. Collaborates with manufacturing engineering and quality manager to analyze and report on key metrics, such as on-time delivery, first pass yield, scrap, production cycle times, Kanban cycle counting and other key metrics.
What You’ll Do…
- Reviews Oracle MRP and similar applications daily to assure timely responsiveness to changes in demand (customer bookings, safety stock builds, repair order processing, and work order material fulfillment needs) that trigger updated production planning.
- Participate in data analysis and process management of SiOP programs for assigned product lines
- Creates and releases Production Orders in support of above, with keen awareness to needed completion dates, component and capacity availability, and any other material resource issues needed to support on-time delivery to internal and external customers
- Able to research and analyze root causes of late deliveries in support of corrective actions needed to drive delivery improvement. Proactively analyze future demand to determine bottlenecks in supply/wip
- Routinely updates Kanban bin sizes based on usage trends, sales forecasts, scrap and other factors
- Routinely updates repair center safety stock level based on usage trends, repair forecasts, scrap and other factors
- Analyze and report monthly on key metrics, which could include on-time delivery, first pass yield, production cycle times, stockouts, capacity, among others.
What you will Bring…
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years related experience and/or training in a supply chain, manufacturing, purchasing, and/or warehouse environment
- Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational, communication, problem-solving, and teamwork/team-building skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office tools, including Excel & PowerPoint, to analyze data sets and present final monthly reports using charts, graphs, slides/storyboards, etc.
- Understanding of database management methods and techniques
Working Conditions/ Schedule
- This is a fully site-based position; remote work is not available for this position
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, scaffoldings, and use Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be able to work in awkward positions and in confined spaces.