Title: Senior Protection and Control Engineer
Location: Hybrid role
Duration: 12-month contract. Direct hire is an option after this time if client/candidate mutually agree
Pay Range: $60 – $70/hr
Per Diem: N/A, local candidates
Target start date / availability: ASAP interview and start
Opportunity can be based out of many different office locations. Candidate is expected to work from the office 2-3 days a week and may work remotely for the rest.
- You will be responsible for preparing protective relaying philosophies, including selection of relay, control, and communications equipment, SCADA and telecommunication concepts and configurations, and I/O assignments and connection diagrams.?
- You will primarily prepare protection and control schematics and wiring drawings for a wide range of substation modifications and upgrades to support client requirements.?
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of substation protection and control issues.
- You will perform preparations of the designs prepared by others for single line diagrams, substation relaying & metering diagrams (i.e. A.C. schematic diagrams), and D.C. schematic diagrams.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of company systems of processes and associated “Communities of Practice.”?
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced engineers.
- There is the potential for you to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews and to plant project site locations for construction coordination and field verification of designs.
- This position requires a BSEE with a power systems or controls emphasis from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- 5 or more years of experience with a focus on protection / control / telecommunications for high voltage substations; including design, installation, and coordination.
- Experience with the design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Familiarity with design codes and standards, such as NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI.?
- Experience with various vendor protective relay equipment typically used in substation protection.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience is desirable to include in-line, bus and equipment protection, breaker, transformer, and similar equipment control, RTU and SCADA systems, telemetering and communications (fiber optics, microwave, power line carrier, etc.).
- AutoCAD or MicroStation experience.
- Construction and start-up experience.
- Testing or commissioning experience.
- PE license.?