The Quality Engineer’s mission is to improve/resolve quality issues related to product and process. Responsibilities include audit of product quality, detailed data analytics of manufacturing/quality issues, process improvement, and being a point of contact for interfacing various contributing departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to quality issues derived from customer, field or manufacturing.
- Lead improvement activities related to quality or process.
- Develop good understanding of products and process to identify root causes of issues and system level solutions and improvements.
- Incorporate the appropriate data analysis, quality methods, inspection criteria and procedures to ensure the technical integrity of our quality processes and results.
- Coordinate activities and provide quality Subject Matter Expert support on failure analysis, 8D, corrective / preventive actions.
- Track, trend and report analyzed data for quality metrics.
- Organize product audits with cross functional team and perform audit on systems / subassembly products to ensure quality.
- Develop and maintain the controlled documents pertaining to the areas of responsibilities.
- Adhere to and promote proper practices and techniques consistent with current operating procedures, training requirements, safety practices and company policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 5+ years industry experience.
- ISO experience, particularly as an Internal Quality Auditor, is desired.
- Strong problem-solving skills, such as failure analysis, root cause analysis, 8D, FMEA, etc.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong technical and general writing skills.
- Self-motivated and self-starting disposition with can-do attitude and strong sense of urgency, organization, and accountability.
- Ability to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority and maintain composure in dynamic and pressure situations.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams, mechanical drawings and other technical documentation.
- Ability to compile and analyze manufacturing defect data to drive corrective actions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Semiconductor capital equipment industry experience is desired.
- Improvement experience such as Lean, Six Sigma is desired.
- SAP experience is desired.
- Flexibility in responding to early morning demand is a plus.