Job Title: Project Manager – Distribution
Location: Allentown, PA
Duration: 2 years + , most likely contract only
Rate: $55 to $65/hr, all hours worked
Per Diem: Local candidates
Hours: Standard Business M-F 8-5
The Distribution Project Management team is seeking a new Project Manager for a period of 2 years. The location of employment will be at General Office located in Allentown. The Project Manager position is the single point of accountability for large Electric Utilities capital projects (Transmission, Distribution and Substation). Responsible for the successful delivery of assigned project portfolio. Responsible for all project management activities throughout the project life cycle including; planning, detailed design, construction, close out and turnover to operations on assigned project portfolio. Team player capable of working with management, project control specialists and contractors. Must be capable of coordinating and influencing a wide range of functional organizational leads and subject matter experts across the lifecycle process to accomplish the goals and objectives of the organization. Must be goal oriented, action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined. In addition, she/he must excel at project planning, organizing, communication, team motivation and delegation.
· Must be available to travel locally (3 hours one-way trip, max).
· Must be able to provide own transportation resource (mileage reimbursable).
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or Science.
· 10+ years project management team experience.
· 5+ years project manager experience (industrial level, preferably electric utility).
· Ability to communicate from worker level to VP level, including summarizing data into informational reports.
· Strong skillset around forecasting, cost control, and scheduling. Demonstrated capacity to manage the project team through a multi-year effort that encompasses all phases of the project lifecycle.
· Demonstrated skills in managing project risk.
· Demonstrated skills in minimizing impact of project change orders. Demonstrated experience leading and mentoring teams through conflicting resource demands and working within a Strong Matrix Organization (as described in PMBOK).
· Demonstrated ownership and delivery responsibility for assigned projects and company initiatives.
· Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage approximately 7 projects (mix of small and large) in various stages of project lifecycle. Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite products – specifically Excel and ability to create and understand Pivot Tables and Access – ability to navigate existing access databases.
· Must thrive in a dynamic environment. Be able to accept constructive critiques of performance and rapidly learn from situations.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.