Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Traveling to various job sites across the US
Duration: Contract to direct
Pay Range: $120,000 – $145,000
Our client is a structural steel contractor providing steel erection and equipment installation services. They are looking for a couple PMs who have experience running lump sum jobs.
The Project Manager is primarily responsible for providing overall direction and managing multiple projects of moderate level risk, scope and complexity, usually involving multiple craft disciplines; as well as developing new business opportunities relative to a particular Client, groups of Clients or geographical area. Works independently; subject to policies and general management direction.
- Initiates and maintains liaison with client to facilitate construction activities, including assessing scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
- Represents Company at bid meetings, project meetings, strategy meetings, etc. as applicable to the project.
- Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy, including preparing or overseeing complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, and contracting.
- Plans, organizes and staffs key positions through operational department heads or subordinate project/construction managers.
- Supervises and/or monitors through administrative direction of engineering to ensure project is delivered in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures as necessary.
- Provides technical assistance (i.e., interpretation of drawings) and recommends construction methods and equipment as required. Initiates and maintains extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Responsible for profit/loss accountability for projects managed. Manages financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintains good relationship with client. Confirms project billings and collections are current.
- 4 year degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering, or Construction Management; or combination of equivalent education and 10 years job-related experience if no degree
- 5+ years job-related experience, prior project management/P&L experience preferred
- Strong understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards and their impact on project activities