Location: Columbus, MS
Per Diem: $700/wk
- Manage job progress, prepare daily records of construction work; record and report problems and failures to comply with contract documents and construction management requirements.
- Help resolve Request for Information (RFI’s) and Submittals
- Establish and maintain Work Break Down Structure (WBS).
- Track Progress and update Project Measurement System.
- Solve and correct engineering or design problems during construction and erection of mechanical equipment as to allow minimal delays to construction
- Provide Continuous Monitoring of field activities to ensure that all work is installed in accordance with contract documents, drawings, specifications, Company Engineering Standards, and all other engineering directives as issued through-out the course of the project.
- Recommends work-around and mitigation efforts to the team
- Communicates schedule status to management regularly
- Interact with engineering discipline leads & construction managers to understand issues and conflicts impacting schedule
- Assist Site Project Manager in safety, request for information management, etc.
- Interact with subcontractors daily to ensure that the project is constructed & documented in accordance with the project specifications, policies, detailed drawings & industry standard
- 5+ years of mechanical project engineering experience on industrial construction projects, ideally steel/aluminum mill construction