Job Title: Project Engineer, I&C
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 11 months
Rate: $55 – $65/hr (1.5X OT)
Per Diem: $186/day
Hours: 40+ hours per week
Trip Home: Every 12 weeks (mileage if driving, up to $750 for airfare)
PROJECT: The two-on-one (2×1) combined cycle CHP/DHC plant will utilize two (2) Siemens SGT-700 32MW combustion turbine generators (CTGs) powered by Natural Gas, two (2) Victory Energy Operations heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs) (Single Pressure, w/SCR & w/ Duct Burner System, and a single Siemens STT-700 (43MW) steam turbine generator (STG) (extraction condensing). All major equipment will be located inside a building along with the district heating and chilling plant equipment.
Provides project engineering support for the CHP Project which will principally involve the review of Contractor’s engineering deliverables for determination of acceptability of engineering works with respect to quality, functionality, and contract adherence. Also required will be the assistance with the review of Contractor’s submitted vendor drawings for the relevant discipline equipment with respect to quality, functionality, contract adherence and engineered requirements.
- Assist the Sr. Project Manager in all necessary aspects including the project engineering.
- Providing comprehensive support for all engineering processes.
- Provide support in claim management and documentation including variation management and reporting and contract entitlements as related to the evaluated engineering work products by the EPC Contractor.
- Review engineering related deliverables prepared by the Team before passing to Contractor.
- Effectively apply methodology and enforce project standards.
- Highlight and evaluate risks on the project as related to discipline engineering activities and deliverables (or absence of same)
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Attend regular status meetings with project team.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Review and approve project related general design/ engineering matters submitted by the Contractor.
- Monitor and verify Contractor’s engineering work progress for the purpose of progress payments.
- Provide correspondence input for instructions to ensure strict adherence to general and project requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Mechanical Engineering or a Control and Instrumentation Engineering Technology program graduate.
- Minimum 10 years of specific I&C discipline project design engineering experience in Gas Turbine power generating stations.
- Very Strong acumen for plant controls, field instrumentation and process integration.
Other desired requirements:
- Professional Engineering Registration (Ohio registration not required)
- Minimum of 3 years of project engineering experience for projects in excess of $150mUSD