Title: Project Controls Specialist
Duration: 3-6 Month, could go up to a year.
Pay Rate: $50 – $55/hr
Per Diem: $100/day for 7 days a week
Expected work schedule: 40 hours a week, 4×10’s possible
- Develop work breakdown structure to manage total project costs, budgets and forecasts.
- Conduct project performance analysis using earned value techniques.
- Trended quantities for estimating between phases of projects.
- Work closely with project team to monitor and report on capital project estimates, cost and forecasts.
- The schedule integration of turnaround, small capital, and large capital project controls.
- Drive innovation, benchmarking and best practices across sites, establishing continuity.
- Mentoring of resources on schedule management and scheduling/planning best practices.
- Partner with peers to effectively share knowledge across-sites.
- Effectively identify project or turnaround risk through analysis to drive competitive projects.
- Assist with preparation of project trending analyses, forecasts, monthly cash flow and updates to the Capital Management System. Interface with accounting and contractors to ensure timely and accurate capture of project cost and financial accrual information into enterprise project systems and reports.
- Assist with the preparation of cost reports. Interfaces with contractors to ensure timely and accurate capture of project cost and performance information.
- Review and approve contractor schedules for accuracy of data WBS and Milestones requirements.
- Identifies schedule changes and trends.
- Suggests corrective actions and/or develops recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur.
- Provide guidance on overall project performance.
- Minimum of 3 years of scheduling experience in a refinery/petrochemical facility.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using professional scheduling software.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of people.
- Experience facilitating on-site/cross-site scheduler meetings.
- Experience developing detailed Turnaround and Project schedules.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with ASPEN preferred.
- Should possess analytical skills.
- Proficiency in the use of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other database applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of earned value techniques.