Job Title: Project Controls Manager
Location: Remote with occasional travel to job sites
Pay Range: $120,000 – $150,000
Our client is a structural steel contractor providing steel erection and equipment installation services.
- Lead a team of individuals focused on all aspects of project and cost controls support activity spanning a variety of specialty industrial construction projects.
- Compile, analyze, and report project cost and schedule to the project team.
- Possess working experience with Cost Control, Earned Value Management, Budgets, Estimating, Change Management, Planning, Forecasting, Reporting Progress and Performance, and Project Funding.
- Provide support in the management of project budget and cost control functions including budgeting, scheduling, change management, estimating, tracking progress, forecasting, and earned value management
- Thorough understanding of project accounting and accrual collection
- Experience with Sage Timberline Suite of Products
- Develop Work Breakdown Structures
- Excellent computer skills within the Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Provide support to detailed schedule development based on project understanding from team members
- Establish project budget, baselines and report variances
- Provide support to track project progress and perform analysis of bottlenecks, trends and critical path
- Identify and communicate project risks and develop mitigation plans
- Prepare project status presentations, highlighting key accomplishments, risks and changes
- Develop custom projects reports as needed to facilitate project discussions
- Provide additional support as required/needed by the project manager(s) or project controls manager (including field project coordination and management of sub-projects)
- Willingness to travel and visit project sites
- Track project deliverable & monitor physical percent complete (tracking installed quantities)
- Plan / Actual / Earned / Forecast Curves
- Develop and adhere to Project Controls Plan.
- Provide project cost data and supporting documentation within the projects controls systems of record.
- Develop reports on actuals, variances, trends and re-forecast as necessary.
- Ensures proper Change management throughout the project phases.
- Develop and maintain detailed Cash flow and Commitment flow throughout the project phases.
- Review and validate contractual compliance of project invoices.
- Assist and support project controls specialist and project manager in financial project close-out.
- At the completion of the project, develop and ensure recording of the project’s historical cost information and “lessons learned” for future use.
- Oversight of schedule development and maintenance in Primavera and Microsoft Project according to the WBS Guidelines.
- Develop customized schedule reports as per project needs ( two week look ahead, variance reports, progress reports , milestone reports as needed ).
- 10 years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience.