Job Title: Process Engineer
Address: Houston, TX
Duration: Direct Hire
The Lead Process Engineer is responsible for front end engineering and detail engineering supervision in projects, supports BD and Sales and leads or supports on-site commissioning work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility on providing technical direction primarily at a project level. Projects will be located in North America, and may be green or brown field.
- Able to perform duties of responsible engineer over engineering work under his/her supervision, including sealing of contract documents when required.
- Demonstrates through their actions an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Viewed as a technical resource.
- Plans and executes detailed aspects of engineering work in his discipline for a project.
- Plans, schedules or coordinates the preparation of documents or completion of activities for projects.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering or related disciplines (e.g. petroleum engineering).
- Process engineering experience in the Power, Petrochemical or Chemical industry preferred, additional industries may be considered based on experience gained.
- Experience with offsite and utility units (water treatment, wastewater, cooling water, utility distribution, refrigeration and storage tanks) preferred.
Required Certifications & Memberships:
- Meets Model Law Engineering requirements (preferred).
- Holds NCEES record (preferred).
- Interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates engineering assignments on a project level.
- Assures all engineering work is carried out in accordance with company’s technical standards and procedures, and applicable governmental regulations.
- Fully versed in the operation of the process engineering discipline, maintaining an advanced level of understanding for how engineering concepts are applied to solve problems.
- Professional experience needs to reflect the following:
- Heat exchangers
- Reaction systems
- Thermal and mechanical separation operations
- Pumping and compression systems
- Basics of refrigeration/cryogenic systems
- Relief valves calculations, relief and flaring networks
- Design of process control philosophies
- Process safety analysis and review (trip and interlocking systems, HAZOP, etc.)
- Experience in one or more major process simulation tools – Aspen Plus, HYSYS, Pro/II, ChemCad, ProSim
- Supports on-site commissioning activities as commissioning engineer under supervision of the commissioning manager, or lead commissioning activities as commissioning or unit manager.