Want to discover just how far your intellectual curiosity can take you? You’re in the right place. For more than four decades, our partner has been at the forefront of innovation in semiconductor manufacturing technology. Chipmakers around the globe rely on our tools and process expertise to deliver the semiconductors that power modern life from smartphones and computers to cameras and cars.
Our influence is global, with more than 30 offices worldwide, an installed base of thousands worldwide and a customer list that includes the world’s largest semiconductor manufacturers. Due to an increase in production, this position will begin as an assistant manager/supervisor in the Final Assembly group who are responsible for preparing and coordinating the shipment of large capital equipment to customers around the globe. Based on experience and productivity, the position can potentially branch off to become the manager of one of the manufacturing areas in operations.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on available manpower, equipment efficiency, capacity, and materials requirements.
- Participates in operational meetings. Supports the development and tracking of organization performance metrics. Responsible for meeting or improving cycle time performance and other metrics.
- Ensures timely response to operations issues impacting customer satisfaction; acts as an interface in the establishment of and ensuring conformance to customer/vendor requirements; prepares detailed analysis of cost of quality opportunity and initiates corrective action.
- Oversees the prevention of employee accidents and injuries. Responsible for ensuring and documenting that all department employees (including temporaries) receive and follow appropriate department training including Environmental, Health and Safety training. Implements, emphasizes importance of, and monitors compliance to appropriate safety policies and procedures.
- Develops personnel to include training and career development; manages the performance management process to include the development of team and individual goals, implementing employee development plans, and coaching.
- Support the analysis of and plans for maximum production capacity optimization; implements and monitors manufacturing or dept. processes that collect, analyze and report key measurement data and real time status.
- Identifies process and quality changes designed to improve manufacturing or department capabilities.
- Prepares analyses, graphs, charts, and other presentation materials to illustrate costs and benefits to the company of programs that are in place or are contemplated for future implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of related experience or 10+ years of applicable experience. Prefer experience as a manager in a high technology multi-national business environment.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and speak English sufficiently well to perform job functions. Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Capable of effectively using all office software including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, as well as being capable of effectively operating software applications provided by suppliers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The duties of this job expose employee to a typical office environment with typical office physical demands.