Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Duration: Long term, multiple years
Per Diem: $100/day
High Level Project Overview:
- Day-to-day duties would be to serve as a project engineer and technical lead on a variety of projects, with particular emphasis on HVAC and refrigeration equipment replacements and upgrades.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, preparation or review of design changes, preparation or review of procurement specifications, supporting field implementations, vendor document reviews as an owner’s representative, visits to vendor facilities when required (an expected occasional responsibility), and review of bids from vendors and installers from a technical perspective.
Top Required Skills
- Versed/qualified (any utility) in the Commercial Nuclear Standard Design Change Process
- Versed/qualified (any utility) with preparing specifications
- HVAC and refrigeration experience
- Comfortable and capable with office and field work – specifically supporting implementation as a design engineer
Work Schedule: 4-10s or 5-8s. Potential to work a hybrid schedule (3-4 days on site, 1-2 from “home”)
Nice to Have Skills:
- Pump, valve, piping, and general mechanical experience (desirable, not required)
- PE license (desirable, not required)
Preferred Years of Experience:
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines