Geotechnical Senior Staff Engineer
New York, NY
XXXX provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. XXXX culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
XXXX is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. XXXX is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 "Best Firms to Work For" and top 100 "Hot Firms" in the nation.
XXXX is seeking a Geotechnical Senior Staff Engineer to join its collaborative team in New York City. This individual will serve a key function in preparing technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, earth structure, support of excavation and underpinning systems, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on both small-scale and large-scale projects.
- Assist project manager with field work coordination and project management support.
- Scope and oversee geotechnical investigations and construction projects, and periodically perform inspections of geotechnical construction where needed.
- Coordinate investigations and assist in geotechnical report writing.
- Experience with the design of earth structures, deep foundations, support of excavation and underpinning systems.
- Prepare standard logs and field forms, including drilling and test pit logs, field investigation dailies, and chain of custody logs.
- Fieldwork is required; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required, Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering strongly preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of related geotechnical experience including a minimum of 3 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspection.
- PE certification required.
- Desired field experience in driven and drilled pile construction, footings subgrade and backfill inspection, and excavation support system design and construction inspection.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid NY driver’s license in good standing.
XXXX is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. XXXX provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.