Job Title: Electrical Engineer – Nuclear
Location: North Anna Power Station – Mineral, VA
Duration: Long term, multiple years
Rate: $70 – 85hr – 1.5XOT
Per Diem: $100/day – $500 for Mob
High Level Project Overview:
- The hiring manager is looking for someone who can come online quickly at North Anna Power Station and can supplement the Subsequent License Renewal engineering team.
- Contractor will support the project management team by managing specific portions of the project including technical, design change, construction, and quality.
- Supports development and management of specific portions of project schedule.
- Coordinate project design and implementation process including safety, system walkdowns, coordination with operations, and system documentation.
Top Required Skills
1) Skilled in use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
2) Strong leadership skills with proven ability to serve as team project lead.
3) Ability to think analytically, solve complex problems and to interpret codes, regulations and practices.
4) In depth knowledge of various computer applications, with the ability to manipulate personal computer applications and perform engineering calculations using applicable software programs (e.g. Matlab, Excel, etc.)
5) Equally effective working independently or in team environment.
6) Strong planning and organizational skills
Nice to Have Skills:
- Ability to mentor the junior team members is a plus
- Would prefer candidate have the nuclear Standard Design Process qualification
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in design/review in Nuclear