The primary responsibility of the Electrical Discipline Manager is to oversee the electrical components of Project Hi-Light’s design and construction. Specific duties include:
• Serve as subject matter expert for electrical power in an owner’s representative or project management/construction management service provider role.
• Oversight of the Design and Construction of Electrical Power Systems from Medium Voltage Power entering the Site’s main substation down to 208/120V power feeds. (Main site substation often provided by utility company is being designed and constructed by project designer and general contractor, respectively.)
• Conduct design reviews. Check design for coordination with other disciplines to minimize scope gaps.
• Provide Value Engineering / Cost Savings Input for electrical items
• Oversee schedule of design work ensuring design release occur in time to support procurement and construction activities.
• Review RFI’s and submittals related to electrical power.
• Oversee electrical portions of general contractor’s scope, including safety, quality, cost, and schedule.
• Support safety team in developing safe work practices related to electrical items.
• Oversee creation of LOTO plan for project with support from safety team.
tor/subcontractor corrective action, including development/refinement of safe work practices as necessary.
• Manage contractor and designer to plan, establish recovery plans as necessary.
• Escalate critical schedule slips to project scheduler and project manager.
• Cost – Review electrical portions of contractor payment applications. Negotiate electrical change orders, reviewing for both entitlement and value. Provide VA/VE input.