The Cost Engineer will estimate the cost of projects. These engineers are able to analyze the requirements and specification of a project and determine the cost involved to launch such a project.
• Perform quality work as determined by project specifications.
• Accountable for all tools and materials at the end of your shift.
• Create cost code structure & Allocate Budget
• T&M a plus, EcoSys preferred not required, MS Office, Power BI, Access, Viewpoint
• Create Change Order estimates with input from Superintendent
• Conduct weekly job audits
• Oversee Timekeeper execution of duties
• Conduct project forecast meetings
• Compile billing packages
• Work with Scheduler to update project schedule
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Cost Control preferably in construction.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Variable working hours from 40 to 60 hours a week based on project schedule
• Primavera P6 experience a plus
• Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.