Job Title: Project Cost Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 11 months
Rate: $45 – $55/hr (1.5X OT)
Per Diem: $186/day
Hours: 40+ hours per week
Trip Home: Every 12 weeks (mileage if driving, up to $750 for airfare)
- Provides project support for the CHP Project which will principally involve the monitoring and controlling of project costs.
- Utilize judgement and experience in the application of scientific principles and techniques for validation of Contractor invoice applications, change order estimates, and planning and scheduling issues as related to costs and claims of costs.
- Review of Contractor’s fiscal deliverables for determination of acceptability of engineering works, of erection works and of any subcontracting/procurement works with contract adherence.
- Assist the Sr. Project Manager in all necessary aspects regarding the financial controlling, reporting, projecting and forecasting of the Project costs.
- Providing comprehensive support to Project Manager to keep costs within planned acceptable limits.
- Updates changes to revenue, budget, and cost baseline of the Project.
- Provide project cost and expense reporting for the execution process, identify and propose mitigation of risks, and assist in the development of strategic techniques to reduce financial loss for the project.