Job Title: Construction Specialist
Location: Reporting location is Thomas F. Farrell building in Richmond, but individuals would be assigned to solar close out projects across the state for varying durations. I expect immediate need people in Louisa County, VA and Greensville County, VA, but that may change as projects reach completion.
Duration: 12 months
Rate: $35 – 45/hr 1.5XOT
Per Diem: GSA if needed, most likely $166/day
Work Schedule: 50+ hours, potentially some Saturday work
Shift Time: 6:30AM – 6:00PM
Projects: Utility Scale Solar
What is the preferred candidate location (local, non-local, remote?) and is there flexibility? Must be onsite 100% of the time
• HIGH PREFERENCE – Local and able to drive in
• Second Choice – non-local candidates who need per diem
Seeking Construction Site Quality Specialists with OSHA 30 certifications. Prior experience with heavy civil, electrical or quality assurance / quality control preferred. Previous solar experience is also a plus. Ability to read and understand construction drawings. There will be significant walking associated with these positions. Prefer local (Virginia /NC) candidates.
Rental vehicle provided for on-site use, but individuals would be responsible for transportation from residence (temporary or permanent) to project site.
Daily, the individuals would be responsible opening the gates to allow the contractor access, participation in the daily plan of day (POD) meeting, observation and reporting of daily contractor activities, potentially manipulating rows of modules to support vegetation management activities as well as restoring them the operation upon completion of daily activity, and finally securing the site at the end of the day. The expectation is that these folks will be the first in and last out daily.
Top 3 Required Skills
1) Experience with Civil Construction projects
2) Ability to read and understand construction drawings (IFC drawings)
3) Safety focus – familiarity with OSHA 30 and industry safety practices
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 2-3+ years of experience in the construction industry in quality control/assurance subsection
Are there any specific companies/industries you’d like to see in the candidate’s experience?
- Must have previous experience in the construction industry – civil OR electrical. This is a lot of land development work
- Preference for candidates with experience in the utility solar construction industry but not required