Job Title: Construction Manager
Duration: Contract, 11+ months
Pay Range: $60/hr – $70/hr
Per Diem: $120/day, for 7 days a week
Target start date / availability: Interview and start ASAP
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute the approved project scope within budget, schedule, quality, and safety requirements
- Leading and managing the on-site construction team
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish
- Organize the workers to make certain that they are all performing well to satisfy the construction requirement
- Track the construction process to make sure that it is completed on time
- Ensure that the budget is maintained. At the same time quality is also preserved
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
- Perform inspections on the safety and performance of the workers
- Ensure project conformance to client policies and procedures
- Collaborate with engineers to determine the scope and specifications of the project are met
- Per Global Procurement policy, assist to negotiate contracts with external vendors
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities when needed
- Direct the planning of all construction operations, and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Supervise the project workforce and give them guidance when needed
- Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Monitor and manage project risks, performance, and communications
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Listen to, and respond to employee suggestions and concerns about safety, health, environment, product quality and housekeeping
- Convey that all accidents are preventable, and that safety is everyone’s responsibility
- 10 years Construction Management experience.
- Process plant experience highly desired
- Industrial Construction experience required
- Excellent communication skills are a must. Candidates will be communicating with a Project Manager regularly.
- Experience with project management/scheduling.
- Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Experience with construction practices and principles.