Job Title: Construction Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Duration: Direct Hire
Rate: $115,000 – $140,000
Per Diem: $159 a day for days worked if non local
Work Schedule: Usually M-F with trips home on the weekends if non local
The client is a global power company that provides affordable and sustainable energy to its clients..
- Collaborates with the safety department to ensure all safety goals are the highest priority
- Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project(s), in-line with the company’s expectations.
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement.
- Prepare and manage the project execution plan to include the project schedule, coordinate and host the project kick off meetings, and prepare and manage effective project close out.
- Work with the project management team to ensure all contracts (prime and sub-contracts) are effectively managed, including change orders and documentation of variances.
- Onsite owner’s representative monitoring of utility scale solar construction completed by 3rd party EPC Contractors
- Cultivate positive working relationships with 3rd party EPC Contractors
- Manage the construction of utility scale solar and Battery Energy Storage (BESS)projects to the 3rd party EPC contract and permit requirements including schedule, budget, scope of work, deliverables,
- Complete daily safety walks and submit a daily safety walk report to head of internal safety programs
- Manage internal safety goals with 3rd party EPC Contractors
- Attend internal and external meetings as necessary (e.g., daily, weekly).
- Track project progress against the schedule and manage schedule remediation plans
- Discuss daily objectives with 3rd party EPC Contractor and promptly report back perceived risks, and other issues/observations.
- Verify and sign-off on various construction milestones (civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical) and update internal tracking software
- Ensure thorough and quality work by verifying items against scopes of work and design plans to minimize punch lists and deliver the best-in-class assets.
- Verify 3rd party EPC Contractors adhere to QA/QC plans
- Work with in-house engineering to provide information and attend job walks to facilitate reports from 3rd party independent engineers.
- Collect 3rd party EPC deliverables and either upload to an internal data room or send to the appropriate team member for sign off (e.g., test reports, progress reports, etc.)
- Review draft invoices with 3rd party EPC Contractor and sign off on work completed
- First line of defense against proposed change orders; escalating to internal Project Manager as necessary
- Proactively communicate and manage an ongoing punch list with 3rd party EPC Contractor, managing final punch list from Mechanical Completion to completion
- Makes certain that the company is being represented in accordance with the company clean energy corporate values.
- Proven ability to motivate others inside or outside the organization
- Team player providing support to both team members, as well as members of the extended team.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization
- Strong proficiency in communication
- The ability to solicit others for support for ideas and solutions
- The ability to quickly identify information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information to find a solution.
- Anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
- demonstrate depth of technical knowledge and skill in utility scale solar construction and BESS construction.
- Takes initiative to identify what needs to be done to maintain project schedule and budget and ensures a plan is in place.
- Drives to complete thorough work; follows up with others to ensure that commitments have been fulfilled.
- Self-directed, proactive, solution oriented, collaborative, team leadership.
- Ability to lead and complete physically rigorous site inspections both before and during construction.
- QA/QC, punch list creation and verification, and commodity tracking in all types of conditions.
- OSHA 30 Certified
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to changing software and technology needs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Procore a plus.
- 5 years of onsite utility scale solar, battery storage and/or substation construction management
- Advanced knowledge of solar construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Willing to be on the jobsite daily.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred, but not a requirement
- Must be willing to travel and spend 3 of 4 weeks onsite every month