Location: Jeffersonville, OH
Duration: Direct Hire
Per Diem: Yes
Work Schedule: 50 to 60 hours/week
Secondary language requirements: None required. Korean or Japanese a plus.
Office/Home: All work on site at job trailer
Travel Percentage: On site only
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to oversee all aspects of design and construction (safety, quality, cost, and schedule) for the Assembly Department of Project Hi-Light. The successful candidate will essentially serve as a project manager for this portion of the overall project, reporting to our Project Management team and indirectly to the client’s Project Leaders.
• Complete Ownership & Management of Contract Scope for Assigned Area of the Project
• Primary Interface between Client and General Contractor (and their subcontractors)
• Serve as escalation point for major issues.
• Turnover planning and management will be a key role for this position.
• Organize and lead the handover process of assigned area to process installation team. Aggressive Turnover Schedule – Project will require significant temporary utilities and coordination with AHJ to support client’s trial production schedule goals. Lead integrated planning effort for assigned area(s).
• Lead day to day coordination between general contractor and process installers once process installers mobilized to site
• Safety – Oversee big picture safety performance for assigned area.
o Actively participate in safety audits, safety observation, and safety management, supported by dedicated safety management team.
o Serve as escalation point for issues when general contractor is not responsive to corrective action requests from safety team.
• Quality – Oversee big picture quality for assigned area, supported by discipline managers and project quality manager.
• Cost – Track and manage big picture costs for assigned area, supported by discipline managers and cost management team.
• Schedule – Track and manage big picture schedule for assigned area, supported by project scheduler and discipline managers on details.
o Serve as escalation point for negotiating change orders and claims that cannot be resolved by discipline managers and cost management team.
• Align team to focus on key project objectives and performance metrics to achieve goals Coordinate with other Area Managers.
• Progressively responsible experience in a manufacturing environment
• Project Management experience in large industrial construction projects
• Must demonstrate a high aptitude and ability for managing others
• Must have prior experience in a management role in a manufacturing environment.
• Basic proficiency in standard construction and business software. (MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Bluebeam or Adobe, Procore, etc.)
• Strong Communication Skills
• Ability to Negotiate with Contractors to affect and establish beneficial outcomes for the client.