Title: I&E Designer
Location: Narrows, VA
Duration: Long term, contract to hire
Per diem: N/A Local
Expected work schedule: 40+ hrs per week
Target start date / availability: May 2021
- Develop E/I design packages with complete sets of E/I drawings involving modified or original designs.
- Performs assignments requiring considerable field design/drafting experience. Ability to obtain data from field observations.
- Works from sketches and verbal information to develop sketches or drawings with appropriate views, details, and supplementary information to complete assignments.
- Prepares electrical designs that comply with applicable design codes, standard engineering practices (SEPs), engineering design sketches, fabrication and constructability requirements, and clearness/completeness of drafting presentation.
- Keep the Project Manager/Area representative informed of progress, design issues, and/or changes that might impact schedule or man-hour budgets.
- Interface with other disciplines as required in order to effectively and efficiently develop electrical design deliverables.
- As needed, function as a design reviewer assuring compliance with engineering design sketches and calculations, applicable design codes, fabrication and constructability, industry standards, clearness, completeness/ dimensional accuracy of the design, and drafting presentation.
Skills / Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Design or Engineering preferred.
- 7+ years of practical industrial design experience.
- Knowledge of industrial processes, fabrication and construction techniques, equipment, design philosophies, codes, industry standards, and practices.
- Familiar with Microstation/AutoCAD and MS Office software.
- 3D Modeling a plus.