Title: Cost Estimator – DOT
Target start date / availability: ASAP
This Engineer or estimator has direct responsibility for Construction Cost information in all related divisions of our Construction Cost Database, including updating, enhancing, and maintaining.
- Daily responsibility and management of the required divisions of the Construction Cost Database, including updates, enhancements, and maintenance as well as creation of new cost data.
- Work directly with clients and internal resources to manage consulting projects.
- Serve as an expert in their field by using and providing Construction Cost Engineering or estimating expertise to create custom cost estimates.
- Effectively applies technical knowledge of Construction Engineering challenges to solve a range of problems.
- Maintain and train others about construction materials, how they are used, and how they are installed as well as a knowledge of construction standards, codes, and laws (OSHA, Building Codes, etc.).
- Consistently considers new ideas and methodologies; implements complete solutions and serves as a go-to for problem solving assistance for others.
- A degree in a construction or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Civil experience highly preferred.
- Experience in cost estimating and procurement is preferred.
- Experience managing relationships across multiple teams while effectively managing multiple on-going projects.
- Advanced knowledge of construction, standards, means and methods, as well as the construction life cycle process.
- Effective communication skills across an organization and with clients as well as the ability to organize technical requirements and ideas into actions.
- The ability to take ownership of project outcomes, think clearly and logically to take action or make decisions and then to follow through.