Title: Field Engineer / Construction Coordinator
Location: East Hanover, NJ
Duration: About 4 Months
Pay Range: $45 – 55/hr
Expected work schedule: Mon-Fri 40 hours
Target start date / availability: Mid-Late April
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Thorough competency with construction drawings / Specifications / engineering documents and familiarity with the construction process.
- Work closely with site management, design/project engineers, vendors and subcontractors.
- Update/track project status.
- Monitor/report potential changes.
- Monitor/report equipment and materials orders and coordinate deliveries as per schedule.
- Oversee project document control (manage submittal process, manage turnover documents/deliverables, and other project control documents).
- Oversee red line drawings are completed for all field variances.
- Ensure construction compliance with contract documents.
- Interact, develop and maintain a positive working relationship with personnel at all levels.
- Assist in management and coordination of activities among all project functions, engineering disciplines, procurement, contracts and construction.
- Assist in the review of submittals, shop drawings, and requests for information (RFI’s), including coordination with contract documents, with guidance from Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Provide QAQC Support.
- Drive adherence to construction sequencing plans.
- Ensure compliance with site safety requirements (LOTO, Live Electrical Work, Confined Space, and other applicable EHS needs).
- Mechanical construction experience.
- Capable of performing work associated with industrial mechanical construction.
- Knowledge of API and ASME codes, and ability to comply with local/project codes and standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to give and take direction, team player.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/Access and Adobe Acrobat.