The candidate’s resume describes your dream hire. You’ve heard great things about them. They’re enthusiastic about the job and offer a great fit for your team. There’s just one problem: You don’t have an open position for them.
Like many workplace problems, this one also offers an opportunity. You may not have an open position to fill—but you may be able to create one.
Here’s why creating an opening for a stellar candidate is a great idea:
- You get the talent you need. Every hiring manager has worried, at some point, about finding the talent they need when they need it. When you’re willing to create a position for the perfect candidate, you don’t have to worry about the timing; you know you can hire an outstanding candidate no matter when they appear.
- You push your team, department and company closer to their goals. The candidate it pains you to turn down is always the candidate who can supercharge your team’s engagement, productivity and results. Otherwise, you’d be content to pass on them. Create a position from which they can contribute to the team, and you can turn “I’m sorry” into “We’ve achieved.”
- You “scoop” your competition. The dream candidate your recruiter recommended is looking for a job—and if you say no, chances are good that one of your competitors will say yes. The oil and gas industry are fluctuating constantly. Be ready for the next big innovation or production increase by bringing the best talent on board before your competitors even begin looking.
- You free up team members’ time for other tasks. Every team has tasks at the bottom of its to-do list that would greatly benefit productivity but never seem to get done. With one more person on the team, you make it possible to start chipping away at those tasks, improving the situation for everyone involved.
- You free up team members’ time (and expand their resources) for innovation. Innovation is more important than ever in the energy industry, as new sources of oil and gas and more efficient ways to extract and refine these resources become essential to the industry’s survival. When you have one more outstanding person on the team to handle daily tasks, you have just a bit more time to focus on the innovation that will keep your company one step ahead. You also have one more person who can contribute to that innovation.
At FootBridge Energy Services, our recruiters work with some of the best talent in the oil and gas industry. We also strive to connect our clients to the talent that offers the best fit for their workplace culture and business goals. Contact us today to learn more.