Manufacturing Test Technician
- Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing work, rework and testing and troubleshooting related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final system assemblies.
- Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment.
- Determines or may assist in developing methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and/or diagrams to control or modify the manufacturing process.
- Works with engineers in conducting experiments. May prepare technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems.
- Higher levels may provide guidance to other non-exempt personnel and may lead or supervise activities within a team lead function.
- Under limited supervision, is responsible for complex assignments which require a broad understanding of the discipline or function and all related areas.
- Exercises latitude in determining approach to work and/or use of procedures, policies, or processes. Work is typically only evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
- May act as a lead and/or project leader. May provide guidance to other non-exempt personnel.
- Requires broad knowledge and skills in the discipline and related fields, in completing assignments in a creative and effective manner.
- Expected to mentor and transfer knowledge to more junior staff members.
- Provides solutions in resolving complex problems that may impact established policies and procedures.
- Frequently exercises judgment in interpreting procedures and practices and in recommending changes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience testing in a comparable field.
- Oracle background preferred.
- Experience with 5S, or other Lean tools desired.