Job Title: Senior Engineer
Location: Huntersville, NC
Duration: Direct Hire
Rate: $110,000 – $135,000
Our client develops utility scale solar sites and also provides full EPC services.
Summary of Position
The Senior Engineer will lead all engineering activities while working closely with the project development and project construction. The Sr Engineer will be responsible for driving projects through initial design, specification, pricing, permitting, interconnection approval, final design, construction, testing, and commissioning. They will interface with local, state, and federal entities to submit and procure permits for projects. They will hire and manage design firms, geotechnical testing engineers, pull testing companies, other testing companies, and surveyors for projects.
- Manage the engineering design process for DG and utility scale solar projects to ensure that design documents are complete and of high quality and to ensure that the design and permitting process is completed in a timely manner.
- Develop electrical construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Manage the utility interconnection and construction permitting.
- Develop detailed equipment specifications.
- Oversee activities between owners, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms.
- Travel to project sites from time to time to gather site-specific data and perform inspections as required.
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection and utilizing network tools.
- Remain up to date with new technologies including energy storage and incorporating into new designs.
- Continually seek ways to reduce project design and construction costs.
- Manage the development of the solar production models using PVsyst software.
- Develop Best Practices, Process Improvement, and Control Documents as necessary.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (required)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in engineering, permitting, and construction.
- Professional Electrical Engineer designation (preferred)
- Medium Voltage design experience (preferred)
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Bluebeam, & Microsoft Office products.
- PV System Design experience (required).
- Strong Leadership & Management skills.
- Client-facing communication skills.
- Proficient in reading and understanding construction documents (engineering drawing, structural, mechanical, and civil designs, equipment specifications, etc.)
- Some travel and on-site work (required).