Job Title: Project Manager – Civil/Mechanical
Duration: 11+ months contract to start, potential for carry on work
Pay Range: $65 – $75/hr
Per Diem: $1057/week
Target start date / availability: ASAP to interview and Start
Work Schedule: Standard 40-50 hours a week
- BS in Engineering preferred; OR 2+ year degree in Civil / Mechanical Management or Technology AND/OR appropriate licensure or certification as the work requires; or equivalent field experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Earthwork and General Civil construction activities.
- 10+ years of experience working in civil, geotechnical, earthwork construction is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good writing and report preparation skills.
- High energy: this is not a desk job.
- Conveys a positive “we can do it” attitude.
- Able to understand and analyze Primavera and Microsoft Project schedules
- MSHA 5000-23 required. If refresher course is needed, we can facilitate the training.
- Understand Project Objectives
- Mobilize Contractors
- Enforce Site Safety Program
- Enforce Environmental Programs
- Proactive daily management and oversight of all construction activities.
- Coordinate and prioritize work between multiple contractors to optimize overall project schedule.
- Ensure contractors are working from the most current drawings.
- Perform continual inspections to assure Quality compliance.
- Perform Safety inspections and audits.
- Attend contractor daily tailgate meetings, lead Safety discussions.
- Lead, minute, and distribute minutes for weekly safety meetings.
- Monitor and assess contractor manpower, equipment and progress. Require corrective measures by contractors as necessary.
- Lead, minute and distribute minutes for weekly Project status meetings.
- Ensure environmental compliance and adherence to site rules and procedures.
- Mitigate and resolve contractor disputes, disagreements and construction related issues.