Job Title: Project Manager
Duration: 11+ months
Pay Range: $65 – $70/hour, OT over 40
Per Diem: $840/week
Work Schedule: Expectation is 40 hours a week. Mon-Fri. Some OT may occur during peak times or if weekend work is required.
Target start date / availability: ASAP
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary Task: coordination and scheduling of contractors and plant operation team to get capital projects complete
- Act as owner’s representative for implementation of capital projects
- Follow priority list of projects as agreed to by hiring manager and Plant Managers
- Expect to be onsite at a facility every workday. Desk and/or office provided.
- Physical work environment is combination of outside and inside, heat and cold, inside is typically warmer than outside air, can be dusty, wet, etc.; must be able to climb stairs and similar related tasks
- These are all wheat flour mills, and as such are food production plants – some policies related to this must be followed
- Develop a basic timeline for each project, keep updated, and share as appropriate
- Identify critical path for each, and plan accordingly
- Coordinate with plant personnel – some project will require Client colleague input and involvement
- Follow budgets for approved projects, and clear any additions or change orders with hiring manager
- Identify gaps in project scope, parts on hand, etc. Get gaps closed.
- Participate in daily production meeting at facility
- Act with urgency
- Hold personal safety and food safety as the most important aspect of project completion
- Daily supervision of on-site contractors, issue daily safety permits, coordinate contractor work with plant operation needs
- Weekly status report to, and/or update call with, hiring manager and Plant Manager
- 5+ years of Project Management experience. Senior level experience isn’t required for this position
- Food/Animal Nutrition/Grain terminal plant experience highly desired
- Excellent communication skills are a must. Candidates will be communicating with a Senior Project Manager regularly.
- Experience in food grade, agricultural, or chemical process facilities
- Experience with project management/scheduling.
- Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software.