Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Mount Storm, WV
Duration: 11 Months, potential for extension
Rate: $65 – 85hr – 1.5XOT
Hours: 40-50 hours per week
Per Diem: $157/day – $500 for Mob
The Project Engineer’s primary responsibility would be on document control for the ongoing Bottom Ash Sluice Water Closed Loop System Installation Project and Lake Chillers Replacement projects at Mt. Storm. Collectively these are $100+ Million-dollar projects. Engineering documents/drawings will be reviewed for conformance to Dominion specs and standards and master files of revisions and drawings numbers will be maintained. The engineer would coordinate the distribution, revision and approval process between Dominion, the Engineer of Record, and various contractor firms involved in the project execution.
- Experience with ash, water, and other environmentally related projects is a plus.
- Extensive experience with document control of project documentation and especially engineered drawings is a must.
- BS degree in Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years as project engineer or assisting a project manager in multi-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrates skill in planning, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation capabilities.
- Ability to develop, manage and monitor project engineering performance to ensure results meet project requirements and schedules.
- Ability to coordinate the resolution of technical problems and implement changes.
- Skilled in problem solving, attention to detail. Skilled in comparing construction specifications and material requirements to physical and material work products.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting manuals, technical instructions and drawings, with an ability to accurately prepare brief written reports.
- Skilled in use of personal computer and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook).