Mechanical Design Engineer
- Develops and applies computer aided design (CAD) methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of technical problems.
- Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- Primary responsibilities include participation in projects through all phases of development including support for legacy products, and development from initial concept through manufacturing.
- Apply basic understanding of machine design and controls concepts and techniques. Initiate engineering changes and new product releases that impact product line.
- Works under limited supervision on assignments that require a comprehensive knowledge of the discipline. May be responsible for a business activity, lead small projects, assume several components of a larger project or program, or complex portion of a large project/program.
- May assist and/or provide limited supervision to more junior staff members.
- Acts as peer reviewer for fellow team member within project. Utilize Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint to communicate with others in the organization.
- Frequent inter-organizational and external customer contacts.
- May represent the organization on projects and interface with customers.
- Impact of errors may have implications requiring significant expenditure of resources to correct and/or achieve project goals.
- 5+ Years of experience and a BSME or equivalent.
- Candidates must have basic understanding of machine design, controls, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- 3D Solid Modeling, Pro-Engineer a must, Solidworks a plus.
- Ability to create and interpret drawings. Ability to perform hand calculations for designs.
- Basic MS Office applications proficiency.
Other professional skills/success factors include:
- Ability to communicate and collaborate.
- Ability to understand project requirements and communicate ideas, design alternatives, changes and feedback with multi-disciplined team members to translate those requirements into successful product designs.
- Adept at soliciting input from others and utilizing senior engineers as mentors to ensure all project requirements are met. Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to execute assigned actions in a timely manner and work on multiple assignments.
- Preferred candidates will also have: knowledge of vacuum technology, semiconductor manufacturing and ASME Y 14.5 GD&T.
- Associates degree with 4+ years’ experience in mechanical design or Bachelors degree and 0-3 years's experience.