Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties will be assigned.
- Directs the development and implementation of activities in production, to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, efficiency, and material supply.
- Plans and administers procedures and processes.
- Assists in budgetary recommendations as needed.
- Develops schedules, action plans, test plans and manpower assignments for assigned area.
- Evaluates personnel to ensure efficient operations of the assigned area, and reports inefficiencies to the next level Manager.
- Works directly with production planners, manufacturing engineers and quality control engineers to ensure inefficiencies are resolved, and in a timely manner.
- Assists next level manager with Problem Resolutions, investigates assembly errors for containment and resolves part defect issues.
- Assists direct reports with assembly work, when needed. Manages and assists in maintaining 5S Protocol and Lean Principals in assigned area.
- Reports direct report labor hours to the next level manager, and tracks labor hour discrepancies.
- Assists next level manager with employee attendance.
- Submits requests for approvals regarding supplies, and maintains tooling orders/calibrations.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Requires a Bachelors degree with 0-1 year of professional experience in related responsibilities.
- Equivalent and/or related past experience may be recognized as a substitute, to a degree.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and speak English sufficiently well to perform job functions.