Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Salary Range: $100,000 – $120,000
Relocation eligible: Not preferred, but possible for the right candidate
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8-5, Candidate can work remotely but would need to make occasional office visits a few times a month.
Travel: Depending on the job, possible 2-3 nights/month
Target start date / availability: ASAP
- Collaborate with the project lead to drive electrical design programming. Programming phase will include high level site power distribution planning, coordination with local utilities, backup power strategy, branch circuit routing and panel scheduling, as well as control/automation integration and telecommunications planning.
- Assist project team in vetting out and establishing relevant permitting, codes, and other constraints specific to NEC or appropriate local codes and ordinances. Client operates nationally requiring the ability to evaluate code compliance in multiple states/counties/jurisdictions. Additionally, based on agricultural exemption in several states, client will rely on this position to help advise on best practices that should be maintained for life safety and operational longevity regardless of legal exemption from code compliance.
- Develop detailed electrical scope of work for use in client contracts, request for proposals, and subcontract agreements.
- Assist in estimate development through high level budgeting using historical data, working directly with potential subcontractors, and guiding internal estimating staff through the specifics of electrical estimate development to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assist project manager in procurement of electrical scope of work by shifting established relationships with potential subcontractors to the PM, reviewing official bids, and being a knowledge resource for questions.
- Manage the detailed design development of the construction level electrical design documents and specifications through consultants while coordinating back with the project team and client to ensure alignment with scope, estimate, and expectation.
- Coordinate controls/automation within electrical design and perform QA/QC of control/automation drawings for compliance with established power distribution drawings.
- Review and/or facilitate review of design submittals for gear, generators, and other electrical equipment for compliance with design and specifications
- Assist in the planning efforts regarding alarms, surveillance, fiber optics, and other telecommunications required for a given project.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Proficient in reading and understanding electrical design drawings and specifications
- Professionally Licensed (or 3+ years working directly with a licensed PE)
- Agriculture background (preferred, not required)