Customer Care Representative
The Customer Care Representative is the voice of the customer and will have direct interaction with our external as well as internal customers on a daily basis . Daily activities include: reviewing, entering and managing customer orders for consumables, hardware and project orders according to clean order booking and order entry procedures, handling customer calls and emails, routing appropriately. Contract review including terms and conditions, master supply agreement, project and software contracts. Generating and monitoring open order reports for held, open orders and late orders. Responsible for inquiries (order status, stock availability, pricing, company policies, returns authorization processing, requests for documentation, etc.); investigating production scheduling, shipping and invoicing issues and assists in resolution where possible. All work is done in compliance with department Standard Operating Procedures, order entry procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and exhibit a commitment to delivering customer satisfaction and success.
- Professionally handle incoming requests, via phone and email, to ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly to strive to achieve a “closed-loop” resolution process for the customer, limiting the need for customer call back.
- Takes ownership of customer complaints, resolving problems to a high-standard, drives root cause analysis and identifies areas for process review/improvement.
- Proactive management of customers with orders on hold, staged release dates and blanket POs.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of commercial and operational needs and challenges while working to maintain a balance between both to advocate for the customer; seeks opportunities for process improvement.
- Establish solid interdepartmental relationships; understand Quote to Cash process beyond the scope of their role.
- Reviews, enters and books orders according to order entry policies and procedures; proactively follows-up with customers to resolve order entry issues and escalate when necessary. Monitor order hold reports and take action based on need; understand importance of revenue recognition in relation to order booking & management.
- Perform job duties in a way that meets or exceeds individual performance, with outside the box thinking.
- Strong communication and multi-tasking skills with a focus on attention to detail.
- Strive to gain a broad understanding of products, market segment and customer needs.
- Remain current with and apply internal policies and procedures.
- Able to work independently; motivated to seek guidance from wider network of colleagues.
- Takes ownership of their work and their role; driven self-starter.
- Contribute to and promote harmony, growth and teamwork; is accountable to themselves and their team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent industry experience; BSc/BA preferred.
- 3 -5 years business experience; preferably in a fast-paced, complex manufacturing or Life Sciences Customer Service environment.
- Professional demeanor; excellent phone skills, strong attention to detail, team player.
- Customer-first attitude a must; understands that the customer is the driving force behind all activity.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment with minimal supervision is required.
- Experienced ERP (Oracle preferred), Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize. Requirements include strong teamwork and problem solving skills.